What does a commercial real estate agent do?
- Buy and sell commercial property and businesses
- Provide advice to clients on sale methods, market values and terms of settlement
- Arrange property advertising
- Manage commercial property tenancies
- Coordinate maintenance
What skills do I need to be a commercial real estate agent?
- Level-headed under stress
- Strong people skills
- Effective at verbal and written communication
- Thorough understanding of property law
- Contract negotiation and management abilities
There are a number of ways in which commercial real estate agents can specialise. One options is to focus on particular types of commercial properties and businesses. Another is to move into a management role as an estate agency principal or owner.