What does a dental hygienist do?
- Assisting in tooth cleaning process
- Dental charting
- Applying post-surgical dressing and remove sutures
- Polishing teeth
- Advising patients on preventative oral care
What skills do I need to be a dental hygienist?
- Good hand-eye co-ordination
- Exceptional personal hygiene
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate with dental practitioners and patients
Dental hygiene is a stepping-stone to many different career paths. Tailor your studies and training to help you find fulfilment in your professional work. Below are some popular dentistry careers, and there are many more related roles that can be pursued in healthcare.