What does a health practice manager do?
- Planning office services
- Staff management
- Records and account management
- Managing occupational health and safety standards
- Financial planning and accountability
What skills do I need to be a health practice manager?
- Effective communication and delegation skills
- Financial and administrative skills
- Knowledge of health services
- Conflict resolution
- Business acumen
Many people already working in the medical industry seek advancement in their career by becoming qualified as a health practice manager. Career pathways are varied, and there are opportunities in healthcare and social assistance, professional, scientific and technical services, and financial and insurance services. Below are some areas of specialisation that you might choose.