What does a pharmacistdo?
- Preparing or dispensing medicines, ointments and tablets
- Advising patients on taking medication including dosage and side effects
- Advising on non-prescription medicines, sick room supplies and other products
- Researching and developing medicines
- Manage pharmacies or pharmaceutical companies
What skills do I need to be a pharmacist?
- Able to communicate simply and clearly
- Careful, methodical and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently
- Understanding of patient needs and concerns
While most pharmacists in Australia work in privately run retail pharmacies, find them working in a wide variety of environments such as hospitals, aged care facilities and the army. Pharmacists may also choose to work within the pharmaceutical industry, researching, developing and evaluating the effectiveness of medications.