What does a plumber do?
- Repair faulty plumbing systems in domestic and commercial buildings
- Install plumbing systems
- Weld pipes
- Mark out plans before installation
- Liaise and work with other trades professionals
What skills do I need to be a plumber?
- Pragmatic and methodical work ethic
- Physical strength and ability to work in tight places
- Logical thinking
- Have problem solving skills
- Have technical aptitude
There are a number of career paths you can choose from if you want to become a plumber. Being a qualified plumber allows you to work in a number of environments specialising in specific industry required skills. Your specialisation may be tailored to suit your own personal interests.