What does a primary teacher do?
- Creating lesson plans
- Support students as they learn
- Teach the K-6 curriculum
- Maintain a high level of classroom discipline
What skills do I need to be a primary teacher?
- Patience and understanding
- Creative, flexible and enthusiastic
- Highly organised
- Passionate about education
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
The beauty of primary teaching is that the roles can vary and there are positions available in many different age ranges and at different academic levels. There is also a lot of career growth on offer, with upper management positions for those who are particularly career-driven.