What does a real estate agent do?
- Negotiating leases and sales
- Preparing property listings for advertising
- Setting minimum sell prices using comparative market analysis (CMA)
- Undertaking property inspections and open house events
- Collecting rental payments and arranging maintenance for tenants
What skills do I need to be a real estate agent?
- Good at negotiating and communicating
- Able to work with clients, tenants and professionals
- Focussed on sales
- Good attention to detail
- Understands the local property market
Real estate agents can choose to focus exclusively on residential or commercial properties, or they may choose to take on a mix of listings. Starting out in the Australian real estate industry, you’ll need to be flexible and accommodating while working your way up the ranks to bigger property deals and management positions.