What does a residential real estate agent do?
- Sell and lease private properties
- Provide advice to clients on the property market
- Arrange advertising
- Conduct open homes and property inspections
- Manage tenancy agreement compliance
What skills do I need to be a residential real estate agent?
- Self motivated
- Good people and customer service skills
- Thorough understanding of contract negotiation and property law
- Strong negotiation abilities and a persuasive manner
- Strength in communication and time management
Residential real estate agents have numerous options for specialisation as their careers progress. Many choose to become dedicated property managers and others choose to move into more senior roles and become an estate agency principal or owner.