What does a stonemason do?
- Cutting, shaping and transporting stone
- Technical drawing
- Cutting and laying stone paving
- Engraving on stone
- Repairing facades of buildings
What skills do I need to be a stonemason?
- Meeting the physical demands of the job
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly
- Have a love of working with your hands
- Enjoy physically laborious work
After obtaining the fundamental skills required to work within this industry, a stonemason will find that there are many career paths they are eligible for. As stonemasonry has many aspects to it, you can choose a career that emphasises your personal strengths and interests.