What does an animal handler do?
- Daily feeding and grooming
- Basic health checks and medical procedures
- Maintaining animal enclosure hygiene
- Assisting in returning animals to the wild
- Observing reactions to tests
What skills do I need to be an animal handler?
- Affinity with animals
- Confident around animals
- Willingness to work hard and perform messy tasks
- Team player
- Excellent physical fitness
Career progressions available to those pursuing a career as an animal handler include a wide variety of specialisations, and the ability to work in a wide variety of contexts. These are just some of the career specialisations available.