What does an electrician do?
- Maintain and repair faulty electrical appliances
- Work from blueprints
- Install switchboards
- Remove potential electrical hazards
- Assemble electrical and electronic equipment
What skills do I need to be an electrician?
- Able to cope with physically demanding conditions
- Good eyesight
- Cautious and methodical
- Precise and detail oriented
Electricians work in a variety of settings, performing a wide range of different duties. Finding the specialisation that suits you will depend on your proficiencies and the kind of working environment you prefer.