About this course
You’re a leader or people manager seeking the skills to help your team succeed – and with this dynamic Diploma in Human Resource Management at AIM, you’ll enhance your own career opportunities as you support your employees.
With a strong focus on building the practical capacities of skilled managers, this course explores the theoretical framework of human resources functions, including performance development, workforce planning and employee relations. You’ll also be given opportunities to put your knowledge into practice: you’ll learn how to coach and mentor people to success and hone your strategic thinking abilities to maximise the resources in your team.
Designed for professionals with strong existing knowledge of human resources management, this course can help you take the next step in your career, equipping you with the perspectives, skills and knowledge to thrive in a managerial role.
Online and self-directed, this flexible course maximises your learning with nine days of on-campus workshops. Your self-directed study will be supported by practical, relevant discussions with experienced industry professionals. If multiple people in your workplace are interested in pursuing this qualification, AIM may design a learning program tailored to your specific context, allowing you to make the most of your learning experience.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or older; AND
- Completed Australian Year 12 schooling; OR
- Demonstrate that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course by completing the Diploma Entry Test.
In this human resources course, the units of competency you may study include:
- BSBHRM506 – Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBWH401 – Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWRK510 – Manage employee relations
- BSBHRM513 – Manage workforce planning
- BSBHRM501 – Manage human resources services
- BSBHRM512 – Develop and manage performance-management processes
Pre-selected elective units – on-campus workshops:
- BSBHRM507 – Manage separation or termination
- BSBHRM510 – Manage mediation processes
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
Pre-selected elective units – online:
- BSBHRM505 – Manage remuneration and employee benefits
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if your previous education or work experience meet certain criteria
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.