About this course
Responsible for team management or operational planning? Work effectively and grow your skillset with this practical Diploma of Leadership and Management + Diploma of Business double-diploma course at AIM.
With study units designed by industry professionals, this broad course is the critical tool you’ll need to excel in Australia’s competitive business environment. Bringing together the latest theory and leadership framework from AIM’s Diploma of Leadership with the dynamic business know-how of the Diploma of Business, this course equips you with a comprehensive workplace-relevant skillset to effectively lead your team or organisation.
You’ll learn how to effectively plan, execute and evaluate the work of your team, while simultaneously enhancing your own abilities to communicate, problem-solve and innovate. You’ll learn how to maximise organisational efficiency and plan for effective teamwork, and how to cultivate entrepreneurial thinking, best-practise communication, people management and diverse team-building. Whether you’re aiming for a promotion or hoping to establish your own business, the diverse range of study units offered by this double diploma will provide you with the practical skills to succeed.
To ensure maximum flexibility, this course is delivered online and includes 14 days of on-campus workshops. You’ll share first-hand experiences with peers and expert facilitators and strengthen your professional network, setting yourself up to thrive in business.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or older; AND
- Completed Australian Year 12 schooling; OR
- Demonstrate that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course by completing the Diploma Entry Test.
In this management course, the units of competency you may study include:
- BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR501 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Pre-selected elective units:
- BSBINN502 – Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBMGT516 – Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBPMMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBHRM513 – Manage workforce planning
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBLED501 – Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
- BSBLDR503 – Communicate with influence
- BSBLDR504 – Implement diversity in the workplace
- BSBHRM506 – Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if your previous education or work experience meet certain criteria
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.