About this course
Get ahead in Australia’s competitive business landscape with this dynamic Diploma of Leadership and Management + Diploma of Project Management double-diploma course at AIM.
Combining the cutting-edge theory and leadership framework from AIM’s Diploma of Leadership with the practical planning and management skills offered by AIM’s Diploma of Project Management, this course equips you with a comprehensive and workplace-relevant skillset to effectively lead your team.
With a broad focus, this course covers all aspects of effective workplace management, including operational planning, human resources management, facilitating evaluation and continuous improvement, and project management elements from design to completion. A wide range of elective units enable you to effectively tailor your study to your workplace or area of professional interest.
Online and self-paced, this course provides maximum flexibility, with online forums and support available to enhance your learning experience. You’ll attend 14 days of on-campus workshops to complement your self-directed study, giving you valuable exposure to the real-life experiences of diverse working professionals, and opening up opportunities for new connections.
To be eligible for entry into this course, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or older; AND
- Completed Australian Year 12 schooling; OR
- Demonstrate that you have the skills and capability to succeed in the course by completing the Diploma Entry Test.
In this management course, the units of competency you may study include:
- BSBPMG511 – Manage project scope
- BSBPMG512 – Manage project time
- BSBPMG513 – Manage project quality
- BSBPMG514 – Manage project cost
- BSBPMG515 – Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG516 – Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG517 – Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 – Manage project integration
- BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR501 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Pre-selected elective units:
- BSBPMG518 – Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG519 –Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG520 – Manage project governance
- BSBPMG521 – Manage project integration
- BSBMGT516 – Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBINN502 – Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBLED501 – Develop a workplace learning environment
- BSBLDR503 – Communicate with influence
- BSBLDR504 – Implement diversity in the workplace
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if your previous education or work experience meet certain criteria.
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); level 21, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW, 2000, an approved FEE-HELP and VET FEE-HELP provider. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: