About this course
Providing you with an understanding of the daily operations of a fitness centre, this Diploma of Sport and Recreation Management (SIS50712) readies you for a career in management that draws on your skills to plan and manage events, fitness programs and develop a fitness business.
Delivered online by Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), your course work covers a wide range of competencies, equipping you with the knowledge needed to manage staff, develop marketing plans, secure sponsorship, coordinate client services, organise events, develop business relationships, manage stock, develop business plans, manage finances and oversee the daily operation of a fitness centre.
While there are no prerequisites for entry to this course, it is recommended that you have lower level qualifications in the industry such as a Certificate IV in Sport and Recreation Management (SIS40412) and access to sport and recreation activities.
In this sports management course, the units of competency you may study include:
- BSBADM502B - Manage meetings
- BSBMGT515A - Manage operational plan
- SITXMGT501 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXHRM402 - Lead and manage people
- SITXGLC501 - Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXEVT505 - Manage on-site event operations
- SISXRSK502A - Manage organisational risks
- SISXFAC409 - Plan and provide sport, fitness and recreation services
- SISXIND406A - Manage projects
- SISXCCS402A - Coordinate client service activities
- SISXFAC404A - Coordinate facility and equipment acquisition and maintenance
- SISXWHS503 - Establish and maintain work health and safety systems
- SISXFAC506A - Manage stock supply and purchase
- SISXIND404A - Promote compliance with laws and legal principles
- SITXMPR501 - Obtain and manage sponsorship
- SITXEVT602 - Develop event concepts
- SITXEVT603 - Determine event feasibility
- SITXFIN601 - Manage physical assets
- BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBFIM601A - Manage finances
- BSBMGT617A - Develop and implement a business plan
- BSBMKG608A - Develop organisational marketing objectives
- BSBMKG609A - Develop a marketing plan
- BSBRKG502B - Manage and monitor business or records systems
Why Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 100 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as straightforward as possible.
Over 100 campus locations
With over 100 campuses nationwide, you can find AIPT in a location near you.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry, and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. AIPT also provides its students with access to the My eCampus learning portal.