About this course
Gain specialised skills that will give you a professional advantage as a dental assistant with this online HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting & HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography Specialisation) course.
You will learn how to provide a high level of patient service, maintain impeccable standards of infection control and assist a dental professional with oral health care procedures. You will also learn how to produce dental radiographic images, a key specialisation in the dental services sector.
The coursework is delivered online by Foundation Education, allowing you to move through the units at your own pace and schedule your study time around your personal and work commitments.
As part of this course, you will need to organise and complete a minimum of 250 hours of work placement in a dental clinic.
Anyone can apply.
In this dental assisting course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTDEN003 - Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTDEN001 - Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTDEN002 - Assist with dental radiography
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- HLTDEN007 - Apply the principles of radiation biology and protection in dental practice
- HLTDEN008 - Prepare to expose a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTDEN009 - Produce a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
* Please note that unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid must be completed through an external provider.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavours to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit their students’ lifestyles. Since 1999, they’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive quality graduates across each industry, alongside their partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study
Foundation Education’s courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support
Foundation Education’s industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Industry Relevant Courses
Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Studying with Foundation Education, you will be supported by an experienced trainer currently working in the industry. You will receive ongoing and personalised support with your assignments and career goals, and have access to coaching and advice from industry professionals. With state-of-the-art technology, you will have access to your course materials 24/7, meaning you can truly study when and where you want.