About this course
Providing foundational knowledge in nutrition, this HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Nutrition and Dietetics Specialisation) allows you to provide assistance to patients with nutritional needs and go further in your allied health career.
The coursework is delivered online through Foundation Education, giving you an overview of health systems, meal planning, dietary guidelines and therapeutic diets.
The course also requires 120 hours of work placement in a health and community sector environment, ensuring that you have training and experience in the allied health sector upon completion of the course
As part of this course, you will need to organise and complete a minimum of 120 hours of work placement with an allied health professional.
Anyone can apply, however prior study, industry knowledge or experience is recommended.
In this allied health course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTAHA018 - Assist with planning and evaluating meals and menus to meet recommended dietary guidelines
- HLTAHA019 - Assist with the monitoring and modification of meals and menus according to individualised plans
- HLTAHA020 - Support food services in menu and meal order processing
- HLTAHA021 - Assist with screening and implementation of therapeutic diets
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
* Please note that unit HLTAID003 – Provide first aid must be completed through an external provider.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavours to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit their students’ lifestyles. Since 1999, they’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive quality graduates across each industry, alongside their partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study
Foundation Education’s courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support
Foundation Education’s industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Industry Relevant Courses
Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Studying with Foundation Education, you will be supported by an experienced trainer currently working in the industry. You will receive ongoing and personalised support with your assignments and career goals, and have access to coaching and advice from industry professionals. With state-of-the-art technology, you will have access to your course materials 24/7, meaning you can truly study when and where you want.