About this course
Give your career as a dental assistant the best possible start with this HLT45015 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting (Radiography and Oral Health Promotion Specialisation). The course will equip you with knowledge needed to pursue work in the specialisations of radiography and oral health promotion.
You will complete 250 hours of workplace training in addition to the online coursework to ensure you have a firm grasp on the practicalities and skills required for both the radiography and oral health promotion specialisations, in addition to general duties and administrative work required in a dental assistant role.
Foundation Education offers you the flexibility to make your studies work around your schedule, allowing you to balance coursework with your other commitments.
As a part of this course you will be required to complete a minimum of 250 hours of practical placement in a dental clinic.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Please note that legislative radiation licensing requirements may apply to some elective units.
In this dental assisting course, the units of competency you may study include:
- HLTDEN003 - Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTDEN001 - Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTDEN002 - Assist with dental radiography
- HLTDEN007 - Apply the principles of radiation biology and protection in dental practice
- HLTDEN008 - Prepare to expose a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTDEN009 - Produce a prescribed dental radiographic image
- HLTDEN004 - Implement an individualised oral hygiene program
- HLTDEN010 - Implement an oral hygiene program for older people
- HLTDEN011 - Implement an oral health promotion program
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid*
*To be obtained via en external provider.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavours to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit their students’ lifestyles. Since 1999, they’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive quality graduates across each industry, alongside their partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study
Foundation Education’s courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support
Foundation Education’s industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Industry Relevant Courses
Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Studying with Foundation Education, you will be supported by an experienced trainer currently working in the industry. You will receive ongoing and personalised support with your assignments and career goals, and have access to coaching and advice from industry professionals. With state-of-the-art technology, you will have access to your course materials 24/7, meaning you can truly study when and where you want.