About this course
This Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) provides a great opportunity to round out your business skill set, gain skills as a small business owner or start a new and exciting career in accounting.
Covering foundational knowledge, you will become familiar with the range of tasks required of an accounting professional. These include: managing payroll, using accounting applications, preparing financial reports, processing transactions, administering accounts and ledgers and preparing an operational budget.
The Certificate IV in Accounting (FNS40615) offers the ideal pathway to Monarch Institute’s Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215), which meets the educational requirements prescribed by the Tax Practitioner’s Board (TPB) to enable you to become a registered BAS agent. You’ll also receive free membership to the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers when you enrol!
Discover what it’s like to study accounting at Monarch Institute!
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; anyone can apply!
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this accounting course, the units of competency you may study include:
- FNSACC301 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC402 – Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC404 – Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
- FNSACC406 – Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSBKG404 – Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- FNSINC401 – Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
- BSBITU306 – Design and produce business documents
- FNSACC302 – Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSBKG405 – Establish and maintain a payroll system
- FNSACC405 – Maintain inventory records
- FNSBKG403 – Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system
- FNSBKG402 – Establish and maintain a cash accounting system
Why Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus on practical application. Courses are designed by industry experts who use real-life case studies to illustrate abstract concepts and give students the skills to succeed in the real world. The institute regularly consults with accounting, bookkeeping, financial planning and business industry practitioners to ensure that course materials reflect industry needs. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, Monarch Institute will support your learning journey by helping you gain valuable industry insights to enhance your employability.
Melbourne – Level 10, 10-16 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Sydney – 19-35 Martin Pl, Sydney NSW 2000
Brisbane – 71 Eagle Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Perth – 140 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.