About this course
The Advanced Diploma of Accounting (FNS60215) offered through Open Colleges is a highly specialised course designed for accountants wishing to upskill their credentials and gain employment in more senior or executive level roles. This course, which is nationally accredited by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), will teach students about budget principles, performance management and successful leadership and how to prepare financial reports.
The course also comprehensively covers how to implement and apply internal control procedures, select and use appropriate technology and other advanced accounting skills crucial to senior roles. The Advanced Diploma of Accounting also gives you the freedom to choose a specialty from three streams: general accounting, tax or managerial accounting.
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will receive accreditation with the Association of Accounting Technicians Australia and a 12-month membership with the Tax Institute. By completing the degree, students also fulfill some of the requirements to become a registered tax agent.
To be eligible for entry into this program, you must have:
- Successfully completed Year 12 English or equivalent; OR
- Successfully completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR
- 3 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
In this accounting course, the units of competency you may study include:
- FNSACC301 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
- FNSINC601 – Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- FNSINC602 – Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- FNSACC604 – Monitor corporate governance activities
- FNSACC506 – Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC501 – Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC503 – Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC507 – Provide management accounting information
- FNSACC505 – Establish and maintain accounting information systems
- FNSACC605 – Implement organisationImplement organisational improvement programs
- FNSACC606 – Conduct internal audit
- FNSACC502 – Prepare tax returns for individuals
- FNSACC504A – Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC406 – Set up and operate computerised accounting systems
- BSBSMB412 – Introduce cloud computing into business operations
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.