About this course
Ready yourself for an apprenticeship and master the basics of construction with this online Certificate II in Construction Pathways (CPC20211) course.
You will gain experience in carpentry, joinery and levelling through a series of tasks and assessments, including hands-on work on a simulated construction project.
This course gives you a great insight into the any areas of specialisation in the industry, allowing you to make an informed choice when pursuing a specialised apprenticeship.
This course is delivered by North Coast TAFE in partnership with Open Colleges, allowing you the flexibility to complete modules at your own pace. You’ll also have access to the learning tool Trade Hub while you study.
You must be over 18 and have access to the appropriate tools and equipment for completion of this course.
You will also require access to a construction site to complete the practical components of this course.
In this construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- CPCCCM2001A – Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM1015A – Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCOHS2001A – Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCA2002B – Use carpentry tools and equipment
- CPCCCA2011A – Handle carpentry materials
- CPCCCM1013A – Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM2006B – Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCVE1011A – Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCJN2001A – Assemble components
- CPCCSH2001A – Prepare surfaces
- CPCCCM1012A – Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1014A – Conduct workplace communication
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.