About this course
This online Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (specialising in Web Technologies) (ICT30115) equips you with the skills to pursue a career in the fast moving web technologies industry.
Key areas in which you will become skilled include digital design, image handling, writing for the web, and basic HTML code. The course provides a wide range of basic skills and is structured to make you highly employable in the IT and digital media industries in a number of fields including technical support, web design, and front-end web support and maintenance.
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Be at least 16 years of age, and have an enrolment form signed by a parent or guardian if you are under 18; OR
- Have successfully completed the Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICA20111) or the Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT20115)
In this IT course, the subjects you will study include:
- ICTICT302 - Install and optimise operating system software
- ICTICT301 - Create user documentation
- ICTSAS301 - Run standard diagnostic tests
- CUFDIG304A - Create visual design components
- ICTWEB303 - Produce digital images for the web
- ICTWEB420 - Write content for web pages
- CUFDIG301A - Prepare video assets
- CUFSOU301A - Prepare audio assets
- CUFDIG302A - Author interactive sequences
- ICTWEB301 - Create simple mark-up language document
- ICTWEB302 - Build simple websites using commercial programs
- ICAWEB201 - Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- BSBEBU401 - Review and maintain a website
- ICTWEB405 - Monitor traffic and compile website traffic reports
- BSBWHS304 - Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultative processes
- ICTICT202 - Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment
- BSBSUS301 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.