About this course
If you’d like to play a part in helping others realise the holiday of their dreams, then consider studying the online Certificate III in Travel (SIT30216) through Open Colleges.
During this comprehensive and practical course program, you’ll be guided through all of the essentials of travel retail operations, including how to access the latest travel product information, advise clients, make reservations and prepare travel documentation.
Open Colleges is the only online training provider to receive Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) endorsement, and now operate as AFTA’s preferred online training provider.
Students are also required to undertake a practical work placement of 60 hours in order to further reinforce their studies.
Eligible applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be aged 16 years or older; AND
- Have completed Year 10; OR
- Hold a certificate II, or above; OR
- Have completed at least two years’ relevant work experience
In this travel course, the units of competency you will study include:
- SITTTSL004 – Provide advice on Australian destinations
- SITTIND001 – Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices
- SITXCOM002 – Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXCCS006 – Provide service to customers
- SITTTSL002 – Access and interpret product information
- SITTTSL006 – Prepare quotations
- SITTTSL005 – Sell tourism products and services
- SITXFIN001 – Process financial transactions
- SITTTSL008 – Book supplier products and services
- SITTTSL009 – Process travel-related documentation
- SITTTSL010 – Use a computerised reservations or operations system
- SITTTSL011 – Source airfares for domestic flights
- SITTTSL003 – Provide advice on international destinations
- SITTTSL016 – Provide specialist advice on cruises
- SITTTSL012 – Construct normal international airfares
- SITTTSL013 – Construct promotional international airfares
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.