About this course
The Certificate IV in Bookkeeping offered through Open Colleges will provide you the training and qualifications to become an effective and dynamic bookkeeper for any business.
With the Federal government putting in new stringent laws to improve the quality of bookkeeping standards, this course is one of the few that meets the Australian Qualifications Framework and qualifies you to work in any state or territory in Australia. The course is also recognised by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
By completing the course you will learn the essential bookkeeping skills such as maintaining records, preparing financial statements, implementing payroll procedures and operating MYOB computerised accounting systems. The course also covers competencies stipulated by the Tax Practitioners Board TPB for registered Business Activity Statement (BAS) agents.
Anyone can apply.
While studying this online bookkeeping course, you will learn how to:
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Prepare financial reports
- Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- Introduce cloud computing into operations
- Establish and maintain a payroll system
- Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks
- Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relevant to bookkeeping activities
- Design and produce business documents
- Prepare operational budgets
- Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- Manage budgets and forecasts
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.