About this course
Equipping yourself with a qualification in information technology is a great way to keep your skills and experience relevant and in demand. As the IT landscape continues to change and grow, companies are increasingly on the look out for qualified IT professionals to add value to the business.
This Certificate IV in Information Technology, offered through Open Colleges, will give you the skills and training to be able to understand IT projects and install, manage and support servers. Awarded by North Coast TAFE, this program is an accredited qualification that will ensure you are job-ready, with practical skills and experience.
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Have finished Year 10 and have a minimum of one year of work experience; OR
- Have a nationally recognised qualification at a certificate II level or higher; OR
- Have at least two years’ relevant work experience
In this IT course, the subjects you will study include:
- Creating technical documents to meet client needs
- Understanding projects and providing instruction
- Communicating effectively and configuring a desktop
- Managing priorities and learning about copyright, ethics and privacy
- Implementing sustainable practises and deploying software
- Supporting systems, installing and managing servers and building a small wireless LAN
- Prioritising changes and installing virtual machines
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.