About this course
Studying the Certificate IV in New Small Business course online with Open Colleges will give you the training to market and manage a small business.
You will gain entrepreneurial skills in identifying business opportunities and developing marketing strategies. You will also learn a broad range of skills to help with the day-to-day operations of a small business, including financial processes and client and customer liaison.
Find out how online study works with Open Colleges.
To be eligible for this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed year 10; OR
- Hold a certificate III or higher; OR
- Have 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication
While studying this Open Colleges certificate program, you will learn how to:
- BSBSMB401 – Establish the legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBCUS401 – Coordinate implementation of customer services strategies
- BSBSMB402 – Plan small business finance
- BSBFIA402 – Report on financial activity
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 – Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBPMG522 – Undertake project work
- BSBCUS402 – Address customer needs
- BSBREL401 – Establish networks
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.