About this course
This online veterinary nursing course, offered by North Coast TAFE through Open Colleges, teaches students a range of foundational skills in preparation for employment as a veterinary nurse.
Through the accredited course units and workplace component, students will be given the practical skills and theoretical knowledge needed to undertake a career in this specialised field.
Students will learn how to handle, wash, groom and prep animals for clinical procedures, and will learn how to deal with all of the six major animal groups.
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Have completed Year 10 or equivalent; OR
- Have completed a qualification at certificate II level or higher; OR
- Have 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires use of written documentation and communication
In this veterinary nursing course, the subjects you will study include:
- Introduction to the veterinary workplace
- Animal advice and care
- Admit and prepare patients
- Medical, surgical and dental nursing procedures
- Imaging, pathology and theatre procedures
- Plan, provide and maintain animal health
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.