About this course
The Diploma of Accounting (FNS50215) will equip students with the practical skills and formalised training to secure employment in business executive and financial roles.
The online course, which is fully recognised by the Association of Accounting Technicians Australia, will train students in using and maintaining complex accounting systems and information, alongside practical skills such as preparing and managing financial reports and records for internal and external purposes.
The diploma is ideal for a range of individuals from business owners and professionals who currently find themselves performing basic accounting duties; to individuals seeking to upskill and transition into a role in accounting.
To be eligible for this course you must:
- Have completed Yr 12 or equivalent; OR
- Completed units from the Certificate IV in Accounting in the Financial Services Training Package FNS10; OR
- Have completed School Certificate or equivalent and completed core units from the Certificate IV in Accounting in the Financial Services Training Package FNS04
In this accounting course, the units of competency you may study include:
- FNSACC301 – Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- BSBFIA401 – Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC501 – Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC506 – Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC503 – Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC507 – Provide management accounting information
- FNSACC504 – Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC502 – Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- FNSINC602 – Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- FNSACC505 – Establish and maintain accounting information systems
- FNSINC601 – Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.