About this course
This online Diploma of Graphic Design (CUA50715) from North Coast TAFE, delivered by Open Colleges, will equip you with all the skills you need to pursue a career in design.
Learn how to effectively employ a range of visual communication techniques in line with a design brief, hone your ability to strategise creative concepts, gain the technical skills required to operate design software and discover how to engage professionally with clients within a business environment.
Students are guided through this comprehensive program by practising designers, and will graduate job-ready with a portfolio of works created throughout the course.
In order to apply for entry into this course, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age; AND
- Complete two graphic design tasks using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and/or Photoshop
Students must also have access to Adobe Creative Suite software and a digital camera or mobile phone with camera.
In this graphic design course, the units of competency you may study include:
- CUAGRD503 – Produce typographic design solutions
- CUAGRD504 – Create and manipulate graphics
- CUAACD401 – Integrate colour theory and design processes
- CUAGRD501 – Research visual communication history and theory
- CUAACD501 – Refine drawing and other visual representation tools
- CUAILL401 – Develop and refine illustrative work
- CUAGRD607 – Develop graphic designs for branding and identity
- CUAGRD50 – Design and manipulate complex layouts
- CUAGRD502 – Produce graphic designs for 2-D and 3-D applications
- CUAPHI514 – Prepare digital images for pre-press processing
- BSBDES502 – Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief
- BSBADV509 – Create mass print media advertisements
- CUAACD512 – Work with photomedia in creative practice
- CUADIG509 – Investigate technologies for the creation of digital art
- CUADIG506 – Design interaction
- BSBDES403 – Develop and extend design skills and practice
- CUAGRD506 – Develop graphic design practice to meet industry needs
- CUAIND402 – Provide freelance services
- CUAPPR503 – Present a body of own creative work
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.