About this course
Open Colleges has bundled together the Certificate IV in New Small Business and Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication (specialising in digital marketing) into this one training program to teach aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners how to promote and run their own operations.
Throughout the duration of this double qualification, you will learn how to undertake small business planning, oversee small business finances and establish protocols to ensure your business is adhering to legal and WHS requirements.
You will also engage in key marketing techniques that will be crucial to the growth and expansion of your business operations, as you learn how to profile markets, analyse consumer behaviour and conduct market research. Upon completion of this program you will walk away with two nationally recognised qualifications, and the ability to successfully start up your own small business.
To be eligible to enrol in this course you must be 16 years or over, and meet one of the following education entry requirements:
- Have completed year 10 in Australia, or equivalent; OR
- Have a relevant qualification; OR
- Have relevant vocational experience
In this marketing and business management course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBREL401 – Establish networks
- BSBSMB401 – Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402 – Plan small business finance
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- BSBMKG418 – Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry
- BSBMKG417 – Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry
- BSBMGT407 – Apply digital solutions to work processes
- BSBCRT401 – Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBCMM401 – Make a presentation
- BSBMKG408 – Conduct market research
- BSBMKG401 – Profile the market
- BSBMKG419 – Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBMKG411 – Analyse direct marketing databases
- BSBADV408 – Review advertising media options
- BSBMKG420 – Create digital media user experiences
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges is one of the largest private education providers in Australia. It offers a wide variety of courses, from leisure courses to vocational and higher education courses, many of which are government-accredited and employer-recognised. All courses are delivered by correspondence, allowing you to work at your own pace and around your own schedule. Studying with Open Colleges is perfect for people with busy lifestyles, and those wishing to work and learn for themselves.
As a student of Open Colleges, you will have access to a range of student and administrative support options. Your course trainers are available via email, messaging and through your online course forums in OpenSpace. You will also have access to help with study skills such as time management, essay writing and referencing.