About this course
The Master of Project Management course is structured around project management methodologies and their effective application in real-world situations. Emphasising critical thinking skills and leadership qualities, this course will ready you for employment as a project manager.
Along with core units covering the fundamentals of project management, this postgraduate course allows you to select an elective area of study, and requires that you undertake an industry research project. This combination of broad-based knowledge and discipline-specific skills will allow you to follow your own personal career trajectory and use the course to your best advantage.
Aligned with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide, completion of this program may allow you to claim Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points with your accrediting body.
Delivered online by SCU Online, this course allows students to enjoy a flexible study schedule that works around your commitments to ensure you get the most out of your degree.
Flexible exit options
If plans change, and you can no longer commit to the full Master of Project Management, you could still be eligible to receive a postgraduate qualification.
Depending on the units you’ve completed, you may exit with a Graduate Certificate in Project Management (4 units) or a Graduate Diploma of Project Management (8 units).
Find out more about the SCU Online experience
To be eligible for this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Either have completed a suitable academic qualification, or demonstrate significant project management work experience/professional standing; AND
- Be proficient in English
In this project management course, the subjects you may study include:
Part A: Core units (complete all)
- Project management principles
- Project management: initiation and planning
- Project management: quality, control and risk
- Leading and managing projects
- Project procurement and contract management
- Portfolio and program management
Part B: Electives
- Finance for managers
- Business accounting for managers
- Corporate governance for managers
- Entrepreneurship and marketing
- Strategy and case analysis
- Business and corporation law for managers
- Global business
- Engineering for a sustainable future
- Strategic infrastructure asset management
Health services management:
- Healthcare professional portfolio A
- Leading change in healthcare
- Principles and practice of clinical accountability
- Strategic health management
Information and knowledge management:
- Managing digital enterprise
- Strategic knowledge management
- Managing information systems
Managing and leading people:
- Organisational change and development
- Human resource management
- Leading and managing people
- Stakeholder engagement
Part C: Research project (compulsory)
- Industry research project A
- Industry research project B
Why SCU Online?
Established to meet the needs of busy working professionals seeking to advance their careers with a postgraduate qualification, SCU Online puts flexibility and convenience first. All qualifications are accredited through Southern Cross University, so you’ll earn your degree from one of the top 500 universities in the world (2015 Times Higher Education World University Rankings). To cater to a variety of learning styles, SCU Online employs a diverse range of contemporary teaching methods and online content, including educational videos, collaborative discussion boards and interactive tutorials. With experienced teaching staff committed to delivering engaging learning experiences, students are empowered to succeed. SCU Online’s course range extends across industries such as business, accounting, healthcare, engineering and IT management.
SCU Online is 100% online, so you can easily access your course materials anywhere, anytime. With a strong focus on accessibility and flexibility, SCU Online is one of the few Australian universities with an accelerated learning program made up of six 7-week study periods. This means that you can tailor your study load and timetable according to your personal commitments. All courses feature an extensive repository of resources including, video, academic readings, textbooks, case studies, interactive discussion boards and dynamic tutorials. And, a dedicated Student Success Advisor is on hand to guide you every step of the way, offering valuable advice and tips to help all students achieve their study goals.