About this course
Strategy, understanding the thought processes of consumers, and communication lie at the heart of contemporary global marketing techniques. In this online undergraduate level course, Swinburne Online’s Bachelor of Business With a Major in Marketing you will be taught all of these, and more, by leading industry professionals.
Key learning areas include marketing concepts at a global level and in foreign markets, product management, consumer psychology and how to influence purchasing decision-making, and various communication modes used to market a product.
Successful completion of this course means that in today’s economy, you will be fluent in all forms of advertising channels; be able to develop, introduce into the market and manage the growth of a product; and, you will be able to lead a team of marketing professionals and drive their long-term strategies.
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meeting the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification; OR
- Significant and relevant work experience
In this marketing course, the subjects you will study include:
- Learning and communicating online
- Fundamentals of marketing
- Introduction to management
- Marketing research
- Marketing and communication information and decision making
- Contemporary issues in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Introduction to business information systems
- Introduction to business law
- Integrated marketing communication
- Marketing channel design and integration
- Product and service innovation management
- Consumer behaviour
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Branding, innovation and design
- Industry consulting project
- Integrative business practice
- Financial Information for decision making
Students must also complete 8 elective units.
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.