About this course
Study for a rewarding career that provides a fascinating look at human nature with this online Bachelor of Social Science With a Major in Behavioural Studies course.
Taught by leading academics, you’ll learn how to analyse the behaviour of people around you, and deconstruct their relationships and motivations to gain a deeper understanding of their psychology. Explore everything from personality and social psychology to cognition and psychological disorders as you unpack the complex drivers of human behaviour.
Delivered entirely online by Swinburne Online, you can enjoy maximum flexibility in when and where you study by choosing a schedule that suits you.
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements to enrol in this course:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), or its equivalent, including units 3 and 4 in English with a minimum score of 25, and meet the associated minimum ATAR score; OR
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification; OR
- Significant and relevant work experience
In this social science course, the subjects you may study include:
- Psychology 100
- Psychology 101
- Learning and communicating online
- Australian politics
- Introduction to research methods
- Introduction to theories of counselling
- Psychology of infancy and early childhood
- Psychology of wellbeing (double unit)
- Applied social psychology
- Sociological foundations
- Deviance, difference and conformity
You may be eligible for a credit transfer if your previous education or work experience meet certain criteria.
Why Swinburne Online?
With strong links to industry and a focus on practical skills, Swinburne gives students an edge in the competitive job market. Placing in the prestigious QS Graduate Employability Rankings, Swinburne shapes graduates who are confident and competent in meeting the challenges of a fast-changing world. Over 100 years, Swinburne has educated more than 150,000 graduates in areas ranging from science, technology and engineering through health, education and business to media, design and innovation. Swinburne Online has drawn on more than 20 years’ experience in the online tertiary education space to help over 9,600 students graduate with an industry-recognised qualification.
As a Swinburne Online student you’ll have access to a range of support options to help you get the most out of your learning. A dedicated team of Student Advisors are available seven days a week to answer your questions – academic, technical or administrative. You’ll also be assigned an eLearning advisor who will be your academic point of contact for the duration of your course.