About this course
Whether you’re looking at entering the beauty industry for the first time, or just want to add skills to your resume, look no further than the Certificate III in Nail Technology (SHB30315)!
Delivered by The Gordon TAFE, the course will equip you with the skills you need to pursue work as a nail technician or beauty therapist.
You will learn the essentials of working in the beauty industry such as nail art application, how to apply acrylic and gel enhancements and fundamental customer service skills.
Assessment will take the form of:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
- Team projects
Find out what it’s like to study at The Gordon!
To be eligible for this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be aged 17 or over
- Have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 11 level
- Possess basic computer skills
- Attend a compulsory information session
In this Certificate III in Nail Technology (SHB30315) course, the units of competency you may study include:
- SHBBCCS001 – Advise on beauty products and services
- SHBBNLS003 – Apply acrylic nail enhancements
- SHBBBOS001 – Apply cosmetic tanning products
- SHBBNLS002 – Apply gel nail enhancements
- SHBBNLS004 – Apply nail art
- SHBXWHS001 – Apply safe hygiene health and work practices
- SHBXIND001 – Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- SHBXCCS001 – Conduct salon financial transactions
- SHBBMUP002 – Design and apply make-up
- SHBBMUP003 – Design and apply make-up for photography
- BSBSMB403 – Market the small business
- SHBBNLS001 – Provide manicure and pedicare services
- SHBXCCS002 – Provide salon services to clients
- SHBBRES001 – Research and apply beauty industry information
- BSBSMB404 – Undertake small business planning
- SHBBNLS005 – Use electric file equipment for nail services
Why The Gordon?
The Gordon is an award-winning TAFE that has been providing high-quality education and training for over 125 years. As one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria, it services more than 19,000 students each year. Thanks to three purpose-built campuses – in Geelong City, East Geelong, and in Werribee – students are provided with a hands-on learning experience in settings modelled on real-world industry environments. The Gordon also boasts one of the most comprehensive and diverse course ranges in all of Western Victoria, with over 230 accredited qualifications to choose from. Students receive the added benefit of access to The Gordon’s pathway program, which provides articulation and credit transfer opportunities at Deakin University.
East Geelong – 2 Fenwick St, Geelong VIC 3220
Geelong City – Boundary Rd, East Geelong VIC 3219
Werribee Learning Centre – 9 Bridge St, Werribee VIC 3030
The Gordon offers its students access to an array of support services, including academic resources and on-site facilities to help make your time on campus happy, healthy and supportive.
The Gordon Library and study support team is on hand to provide personalised assistance with everything from essay writing to note-taking, and also includes an English as an Additional Language (EAL) program for non-native English speakers. Tailored services are also available via the Aboriginal Education Unit and Disability Support Services offices. Career guidance can be sought from the Careers team at any time, and for anyone struggling with personal hardship, a free and confidential counselling service is available at both the Geelong City campus and East campus.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: