About this course
Get ready to explore the world of travel with a Certificate III in Travel (SIT31312) from The Gordon in Geelong.
This TAFE course is the perfect pathway towards becoming a successful travel consultant. Through practical coursework that includes real-life situations you might encounter on the job, you will gain the confidence to provide advice and make travel arrangements for your clients.
You will also be trained in the computer systems and technology currently used by travel agencies across the country.
Forge a career learning about the world’s most popular destinations and putting together holidays that your clients will never forget!
Assessment will take the form of:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
- Industry placement
After 15 years in the Royal Australian Navy, Suzanne decides to turn her passion for travel into a career.
To be eligible for this course, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level; and
- You must attend a Compulsory Information Session and interview
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this Certificate III in Travel (SIT31312) course, the units of competency you may study include:
- SITTTSL202 - Access and interpret product information
- SITTTSL306 - Book supplier services
- SITTTSL310 - Construct normal international airfares
- SITTTSL311 - Construct promotional international airfares
- SITXWHS301 - Identify hazards assess and control safety risks
- SITXWHS101 - Participate in safe work practices
- SITTTSL304 - Prepare quotations
- SITTTSL302 - Provide advice on Australian destinations
- SITTTSL301 - Provide advice on international destinations
- SITXCCS303 - Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM201 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITTIND201 - Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- SITTTSL308 - Use a computerised reservations or operations system
- SITTTSL201 - Operate an online information system
- SITTTSL303 - Sell tourism products and services
- SITTTSL308_18 - Use a computerised reservations or operations system
Why The Gordon?
The Gordon is an award-winning TAFE that has been providing high-quality education and training for over 125 years. As one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria, it services more than 19,000 students each year. Thanks to three purpose-built campuses – in Geelong City, East Geelong, and in Werribee – students are provided with a hands-on learning experience in settings modelled on real-world industry environments. The Gordon also boasts one of the most comprehensive and diverse course ranges in all of Western Victoria, with over 230 accredited qualifications to choose from. Students receive the added benefit of access to The Gordon’s pathway program, which provides articulation and credit transfer opportunities at Deakin University.
East Geelong – 2 Fenwick St, Geelong VIC 3220
Geelong City – Boundary Rd, East Geelong VIC 3219
Werribee Learning Centre – 9 Bridge St, Werribee VIC 3030
The Gordon offers its students access to an array of support services, including academic resources and on-site facilities to help make your time on campus happy, healthy and supportive.
The Gordon Library and study support team is on hand to provide personalised assistance with everything from essay writing to note-taking, and also includes an English as an Additional Language (EAL) program for non-native English speakers. Tailored services are also available via the Aboriginal Education Unit and Disability Support Services offices. Career guidance can be sought from the Careers team at any time, and for anyone struggling with personal hardship, a free and confidential counselling service is available at both the Geelong City campus and East campus.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: