About this course
Develop your management skills and enhance your employment opportunities with the Certificate IV in Automotive Management (AUR40112) on-campus course from The Gordon.
In this practical, workplace-based course, you’ll learn the key customer service, workplace safety, retail and management skills necessary to progress your automotive career and work in management.
With a focus on team leadership and customer relations, this course will give you the management and problem-solving skills necessary to manage in a retail, service and repair environment.
Although some on-campus components of this course are delivered at The Gordon’s East Geelong campus, this qualification is primarily conducted in the workplace, to give you the practical skills necessary for your career.
Assessment will take the form of:
- Hands-on projects
- Workplace tasks
- Written assignments
To be eligible for this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed a certificate III qualification in an automotive field
- Have basic literacy, numeracy and language skills, which will be assessed prior to intake
- Have basic computer skills
- Attend an interview
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this automotive course, the units of competency you may study include:
- AURACA3003 – Build customer relations
- BSBWHS401A – Implement and monitor WHS policies procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- AURAMA3003 – Maintain business image
- BSBSMB407A – Manage a small team
- AURAMA4005 – Manage complex customer issues
- AURAEA4004 – Manage environment compliance in an automotive workplace
- AURAKA3002 – Adapt work processes to new technologies
- AURAMA3003 – Conduct information sessions
- AURALA3001 – Determine legal aspects of an automotive service and repair contract
- AURAAA4002 – Determine retail rates for work
- FNSASIC302C – Develop present and negotiate client solutions
- BSBWOR404B – Develop work priorities
- BSBWOR401A – Establish effective workplace relationships
- BSBITS401B – Maintain business technology
- AURAQA3003 – Maintain quality systems
- BSBSMB406A – Manage small business finances
- TAEDEL404A – Mentor in the workplace
Why The Gordon?
The Gordon is an award-winning TAFE that has been providing high-quality education and training for over 125 years. As one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria, it services more than 19,000 students each year. Thanks to three purpose-built campuses – in Geelong City, East Geelong, and in Werribee – students are provided with a hands-on learning experience in settings modelled on real-world industry environments. The Gordon also boasts one of the most comprehensive and diverse course ranges in all of Western Victoria, with over 230 accredited qualifications to choose from. Students receive the added benefit of access to The Gordon’s pathway program, which provides articulation and credit transfer opportunities at Deakin University.
East Geelong – 2 Fenwick St, Geelong VIC 3220
Geelong City – Boundary Rd, East Geelong VIC 3219
Werribee Learning Centre – 9 Bridge St, Werribee VIC 3030
The Gordon offers its students access to an array of support services, including academic resources and on-site facilities to help make your time on campus happy, healthy and supportive.
The Gordon Library and study support team is on hand to provide personalised assistance with everything from essay writing to note-taking, and also includes an English as an Additional Language (EAL) program for non-native English speakers. Tailored services are also available via the Aboriginal Education Unit and Disability Support Services offices. Career guidance can be sought from the Careers team at any time, and for anyone struggling with personal hardship, a free and confidential counselling service is available at both the Geelong City campus and East campus.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: