About this course
Emphasising practical know-how, this Certificate IV in Cleaning Management (CPP41011) allows you to build management and supervision skills to ensure that your workplace is compliant with the practices, standards and regulations of the cleaning industry.
You’ll develop your customer service and team leadership skills while you get a thorough understanding of occupational health and safety, sustainability and operational planning.
Delivered online by The Gordon TAFE, this accredited qualification will help you demonstrate your leadership skill set and can be used as a stepping stone to running your own cleaning services business. The course can also be undertaken as a traineeship when employed in the industry, or delivered to groups on-site.
Assessment will take the form of:
- Written assignments
Check out the inspiring stories from students at The Gordon – if you can dream it, you can do it!
To be eligible for this course, you must meet the following entry requirements:
- You are expected to have language, literacy, numeracy and communication skills to at least Year 10 level.
- Apprenticeship or traineeship applicants must be currently employed under a training contract and referred by your employer. You will need to undertake a pre-training review to determine your current skills and literacy and numeracy abilities.
- Selection for the online course will be based on Direct Entry applications.
- Employer referral through an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network Provider (apprenticeship and traineeship applicants only)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this cleaning course, the units of competency you may study include:
- CPPCLO4024A - Control the supply of resources to the work site
- CPPCMN4004B - Facilitate effective client relationships
- CPPCMN4006A - Facilitate effective workplace relationships
- BSBRSK501A - Manage risk
- CPPCMN4007A - Manage workplace safety arrangements
- CPPCLO4022A - Organise and monitor cleaning operations
- CPPCLO4025A - Provide quotation for cleaning services
- BSBHRM402A - Recruit select and induct staff
- CPPCMN4001B - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- CPPCMN4005A - Facilitate effective teamwork
- CPPCMN4002B - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- TAEDEL301A - Provide work skill instruction
- BSBPMG510A - Manage projects
Why The Gordon?
The Gordon is an award-winning TAFE that has been providing high-quality education and training for over 125 years. As one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria, it services more than 19,000 students each year. Thanks to three purpose-built campuses – in Geelong City, East Geelong, and in Werribee – students are provided with a hands-on learning experience in settings modelled on real-world industry environments. The Gordon also boasts one of the most comprehensive and diverse course ranges in all of Western Victoria, with over 230 accredited qualifications to choose from. Students receive the added benefit of access to The Gordon’s pathway program, which provides articulation and credit transfer opportunities at Deakin University.
East Geelong – 2 Fenwick St, Geelong VIC 3220
Geelong City – Boundary Rd, East Geelong VIC 3219
Werribee Learning Centre – 9 Bridge St, Werribee VIC 3030
The Gordon offers its students access to an array of support services, including academic resources and on-site facilities to help make your time on campus happy, healthy and supportive.
The Gordon Library and study support team is on hand to provide personalised assistance with everything from essay writing to note-taking, and also includes an English as an Additional Language (EAL) program for non-native English speakers. Tailored services are also available via the Aboriginal Education Unit and Disability Support Services offices. Career guidance can be sought from the Careers team at any time, and for anyone struggling with personal hardship, a free and confidential counselling service is available at both the Geelong City campus and East campus.