About this course
Take on the challenge of becoming a trainer and assessor within your industry or as part of the broader education field with a comprehensive Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
You’ll learn how to design and plan your lessons, conduct assessments and become an effective facilitator of training for groups. You will exit the course with a qualification that allows you to pursue employment as a workplace or vocational trainer.
Delivered on campus at Geelong City and Werribee, The Gordon offers this course for part-time study. This course is an excellent stepping stone in your training and assessment career.
Assessment will take the form of:
- Written assignments
- Group presentation
Check out the inspiring stories from students at The Gordon – if you can dream it, you can do it!
To be eligible for this course, you must meet the following entry requirements:
- You must have existing vocational experience in a particular industry area.
- You are expected to have an appropriate level of language, literacy and numeracy skills. Your skills will be evaluated prior to course intake.
- You must have basic computer skills and be available to attend an interview
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this training and assessment course, the units of competency you may study include:
- TAEASS402B - Assess competence
- TAEDES401A - Design and develop learning programs
- TAEASS403B - Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS401B - Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEDEL401A - Plan organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A - Plan organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES402A - Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 - Address adult language literacy and numeracy skills
- BSBRES401A - Analyse and present research information
- BSBCMM401A - Make a presentation
Why The Gordon?
The Gordon is an award-winning TAFE that has been providing high-quality education and training for over 125 years. As one of the largest regional TAFEs in Victoria, it services more than 19,000 students each year. Thanks to three purpose-built campuses – in Geelong City, East Geelong, and in Werribee – students are provided with a hands-on learning experience in settings modelled on real-world industry environments. The Gordon also boasts one of the most comprehensive and diverse course ranges in all of Western Victoria, with over 230 accredited qualifications to choose from. Students receive the added benefit of access to The Gordon’s pathway program, which provides articulation and credit transfer opportunities at Deakin University.
East Geelong – 2 Fenwick St, Geelong VIC 3220
Geelong City – Boundary Rd, East Geelong VIC 3219
Werribee Learning Centre – 9 Bridge St, Werribee VIC 3030
The Gordon offers its students access to an array of support services, including academic resources and on-site facilities to help make your time on campus happy, healthy and supportive.
The Gordon Library and study support team is on hand to provide personalised assistance with everything from essay writing to note-taking, and also includes an English as an Additional Language (EAL) program for non-native English speakers. Tailored services are also available via the Aboriginal Education Unit and Disability Support Services offices. Career guidance can be sought from the Careers team at any time, and for anyone struggling with personal hardship, a free and confidential counselling service is available at both the Geelong City campus and East campus.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: