About this course
Build your leadership skills and gain a qualification that reflects your tenacity as a business professional and strategic thinker, with this online Master of Business Administration course!
Designed to challenge you at every level, the MBA delivered by Chifley Business School at Torrens University Australia will train you to:
- Conceptualise and analyse complex business problems
- Systematically evaluate business risks
- Use the latest software and platforms to analyse data, and use this data to make effective business decisions
- Specialise in either project management skills or technology management
The MBA culminates in a strategic management capstone subject – a project that replicates real-world settings and encourages you to consolidate everything you’ve learnt to tackle a strategic business problem.
For those of you interested in gaining advanced skills and knowledge, there is also the option to complete the MBA (Advanced) course, which provides you with a more in-depth program, spread across a 2-year period.
Workload and assessment
In order to succeed in your studies, each subject in this course requires a combination of 120 hours of structured and self-directed learning, which equates to about 10 hours a week over a 12-week trimester.
Assessments for this course may take a variety of forms, including:
- Written exams
- Project reports
- Individual-based assignments on live briefs
- Presentations research reports
- Work integrated learning
- Case studies
- Reflection logs
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher qualification form an Australian institution, or equivalent; OR
- Have at least three years of relevant work experience; OR
- Hold a Graduate Certificate of Business Administration from Torrens University Australia (or from another institution, if deemed equivalent)
In this business management course, the subjects you may study include:
- Business decision analytics
- Business capstone
- Systems thinking
- Strategic management
- Financial management
- Managing people and teams
- Dynamic leadership
- Business environment
- Business communications
- Risk management
- Innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship
- Employer based project
- International business strategy
- Technology strategy
- Corporate sustainability
- Organisational best practice
- Business law and international contexts
- Management information systems
Why Torrens University Australia?
Torrens University Australia brings together some of the country’s most regarded tertiary institutes across industries like business, design, public health, hospitality, and sports management.
Studying with Torrens means learning from the industry’s best and brightest minds through cutting-edge syllabuses and small classroom environments. By becoming a Torrens student, you will not only have access to Torrens’ state-of-the-art campuses across the nation, you’ll also get to leverage Torrens status as a Laureate International University, and be able to access a global network of over 70 universities across 25 countries.
Torrens schools include; APM College of Business and Communication, Australasian College of Natural Therapies, Chifley Business School, Media Design School, Real Madrid Graduate School, Southern School of Natural Therapies and William Blue College of Hospitality.
Torrens Dynamic Online Learning mode means you can study at your own pace. By providing you with on-demand access to course materials and content, you can study when you want, where you want.
Torrens also runs Touch-Point weekend sessions that allow you to hear from industry professionals, chat to lecturers and expand your network.
Torrens students will also have access to Torrens Success Coaches, who will help you align your strengths and learning with your goals. From the moment you are admitted to your course, a Success Coach will be available to help you successfully navigate the educational landscape and build your personal and professional skills.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: