What does Marketing Research Assistant mean?
Marketing Research Assistants help with the collection and analysis of data and information gathered to help companies focus and refine their marketing strategies. This information can be obtained through either quantitative or qualitative research and is aimed at enabling a company to identify and define marketing opportunities and problems, monitor and predict consumer trends and refine and evaluate their marketing strategy.
Systematically gathering and analysing data from a number of sources such as focus groups, interviews, company records and surveys, the Marketing Research Assistant aides in linking manufacturers, customers and end-users to the marketer, thus allowing the marketer to more accurately and successfully develop a targeted campaign.
What is a Marketing Research Assistant's role?
- Collating information from numerous sources such as focus groups, company records, surveys and interviews.
- Analysing data in order to identify market opportunities and consumer trends
- Communicating results to clients and generating reports.
- Using quantitative and qualitative methodologies to obtain market details.
Fast Facts - Marketing Research Assistant
- Average Age: 32
- Male Share: 34.60%
- Full-Time Share: 77.60%
- Average Hours: 40.5 hours per week
- Level of Study: A Certificate III or IV
- Average Salary: $850 per week Before Tax
- Unemployment Levels: average
- 2015 Employment Numbers: 47,500
- Projected Growth: moderate
- 2020 Employment Numbers: 53,500