What does a paramedic do?
- On site emergency medical assistance
- Transporting patients to hospital
- Operating and maintaining emergency response vehicle
- Administering life support
What skills do I need to be a paramedic?
- Ability to perform in highly stressful situations
- Communication skills
- Speedy decision making
- Possession of unrestricted driver’s license and ability to operate vehicle safely
The title paramedic covers a number of different health care professions that specifically target patients requiring emergency medical assistance outside of a hospital setting. There are a number of different pathways to consider when becoming an emergency services provider.