What does a tiler do?
- Cutting and shaping tiles
- Removing old tiles and preparing surfaces
- Making and applying cement and adhesives
- Waterproofing and grouting tiles
What skills do I need to be a tiler?
- Attention to detail
- Eye for style and design
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients
- Comfortable working at heights or in small spaces
There are a number of varied career opportunities available for qualified tilers. Focussing your skills on a particular style of tiling, following an interest in ceramics to make your own tiles or using the skills gained in your experience as a tiler to pursue a new vocation.