In a nutshell
Develop the practical skills required to connect with consumers, build brand loyalty and deliver strategic marketing campaigns with this exciting, hands-on Bachelor of Business (Marketing) course.
Designed for anyone seeking to start a career in the dynamic world of marketing, this course provides the foundation theories, principles and knowledge required to succeed in the marketing world. In this course, you can expect to study topics including advertising, consumer behaviour, marketing and audience research, digital marketing, marketing strategy and international marketing.
With a broad range of elective units available, this course offers choice and flexibility for students seeking to tailor their learning. You may choose to specialise your study in events management, sport marketing, public relations or content production.
If you’re looking to start an exciting, people-focused career, this marketing course may be your first career step.
Study a Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed year 12 or equivalent with ATAR 60; OR
- Demonstrated ability to undertake study at this level, through work experience, and/or other form, informal or non-formal study attempted and/or completed.
International students must also demonstrate English language proficient to equivalent IELTS 6.0 (academic) will no skills band less than 5.5.
In this marketing course, the subjects you may study include:
- Business communications
- Understanding people and organisations
- Marketing fundamentals
- Customer experience management
- Accounting for decision making
- The business environment
- Organisational creativity and innovation
- Ethics and sustainability
- Integrated marketing communications
- Consumer behaviour
- Business to business marketing
- Marketing and audience research
- Digital marketing communications
- Marketing strategy
- Marketing consulting project
- Industry consulting project
- Introduction to events
- Event concepts and design
- Understanding public relations
- Introduction to PR writing
- Introduction to sport management
- Sports marketing
- Event management and operations
- Event venue management
- Event financing and sponsorship
- Content creation for social media
- Advanced PR writing
- Corporate communications
- Sports law
- Managing teams
- Managing sports facilities
- Events policy and strategy
- International public relations
- Health and advocacy strategies
- Strategic management
- Understanding advertising
- Wedding planning
- Sports events
- Human resource management
- Project management
- International marketing
- Brand and product management
Why APM College of Business & Communications at Torrens University?
For over 25 years APM College of Business and Communications has been transforming school-leavers into industry-ready professionals!
APM places a strong emphasis on industry involvement to deliver practical business courses that offer students a distinct advantage upon graduation. APM offers recognition from industry for its courses in business, marketing, event management and more
As partners of Torrens University Australia (part of Laureate International Universities) you’ll be automatically connected with over 70 international education providers, including esteemed business schools. Enjoy the many benefits of learning at a dedicated business college and join thousands who have graduated from APM!
APM College of Business and Communication offers their students the option to study online or on campus. Students wishing to enjoy the convenience of online study will receive full access to course materials on demand. Prefer traditional on campus learning? APM have you covered with their fully facilitated campuses and small classroom sizes, giving you the attention and support you need to thrive.
Dedicated Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) support staff are on hand help you be more effective in your study and build your skills. From writing essays and reports to goal setting and exam prep – they’ll guide you through it all (available online and on campus).
Feel like your part of a community when you join their Student Representative Council. The SRC regularly get together to talk about current issues, plan events, brainstorm ways to improve your learning experience and more.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: