In a nutshell
Passionate about helping people find the healthiest version of themselves? Fascinated by natural medicine and its ability to heal and complement other forms of therapy? Then a career as a naturopath might be just the fit for you!
Whether you’re looking to start a new career, or simply need to formalise your experience with an undergraduate degree, this Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) course is the perfect starting point.
Offered through a blend of online study and on-campus classes by the Australasian College of Natural Therapies at Torrens University Australia, the course covers the following core areas:
- Nutritional and dietary therapy
- Western herbal medicine
- Naturopathic diagnostic techniques
You’ll also get the opportunity to put your theoretical studies into practice with hands-on experience at the Think Wellbeing Centre. While you’re there, trained naturopaths will guide you as you treat patients, and help you build your skills and confidence to practise in the community.
Assessments for this course may take a variety of forms, including:
- Written assessments
- Oral and video presentations
- Clinical case analysis
- Literature review
- Practical and written exams
BioCeuticals MD, Nathan Cheong, explains why he hires ACNT graduates
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have completed Year 12 with a minimum ATAR of 60, or equivalent; AND
- Have passed Standard English with a Band 4 or above; AND
- A pass in a science subject at a senior secondary level is also recommended
All students are also required to demonstrate sufficient competency in English.
Prior to commencing the clinical component of your studies, you will also be required to hold a current first aid certificate, working with children’s and police check.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you hold any of the below qualifications you will be eligible for credit points and be able to reduce the number of subjects you must complete to graduate with the Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy).
HLT61012 or HLT61007 Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine
24 of 48
HLT60512 or HLT60502 Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy
36 of 48
HLT60112 or HLT60107 Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine
24 of 48
In this naturopathy course, the subjects you may study include:
- Nutritional foundations 1
- Herbal medicine manufacturing
- Nutritional foundations 2
- History and philosophy of complementary and alternative medicine
- Research and evidence-based practice
- Anatomy and physiology 1
- Biochemistry 1
- Anatomy and physiology 2
- Counselling and communication skills
- Anatomy and physiology 3
- Homoeopathy 1
- Lifespan nutrition
- WHM pharmacology
- Clinical studies 1
- Nutritional biochemistry
- WHM material medica 1
- WHM material medica 2
- Food as medicine
- Pathophysiology and clinical diagnosis 1
- Pathophysiology and clinical diagnosis 2
- Biochemistry 2
- General pathology
- Herbal medicine therapeutics 2
- Nutritional therapeutics 1
- Clinical studies 3
- Health assessment and diagnostic techniques
- Nutritional therapeutics 2
- Clinical studies 2
- Homoeopathy 2
- Health promotion
- Drug and integrated pharmacology
- Pathophysiology and clinical diagnosis 3
- Advanced naturopathic clinical practicum 1
- Advanced naturopathic clinical practicum 2
- Integrative complementary medicine 1
- Integrative complementary medicine 2
- Flower essence therapy
- Integrative complementary medicine 1
- Naturopathic clinical practicum 1
- Naturopathic clinical practicum 2
- Naturopathic clinical practicum 3
- Advanced herbal medicine
- Environmental medicine
- Constitutional homoeopathy
- Homeopathy material medica and principles
- Advanced iridology
- Critical literature review
- Advanced nutrition medicine
- Dietary analysis and planning
Why Australasian College of Natural Therapies?
One of the largest natural therapies colleges in the world, Australasian College of Natural Therapies (ACNT) is renowned for providing high-quality and accredited natural therapies courses!
With a strong focus on providing practical programs designed by industry leaders and trainers, ACNT offers highly regarded diplomas and degrees in naturopathy, herbal medicine, nutritional medicine, health science and more. Be confident entering the workforce after receiving quality training and valuable work experience at their Think Wellbeing Centre, where you’ll service real clients in a clinic that’s on par with commercial clinics.
The Australasian College of Natural Therapies have dedicated teams to help you get through your studies and ensure you have a truly enjoyable learning experience.
You will have access to the student portal and online student centre for news updates, course information and other resources. ACNT's online job finder service provides assistance in finding job opportunities, both local and international, by linking students with prospective employers. Plus access their academic support for practical study tips and advice, and a free and confidential counselling service via phone, Skype or face-to-face.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: