In a nutshell
Turn your passion for health and fitness into a career that changes lives. The Associate Degree of Sports Business from the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) helps translate your enthusiasm into professional expertise.
Build on what you’ve learned in a Diploma and excel your career in fitness! You’ll develop your understanding of nutrition, weight control, lifestyle health and general wellbeing to help you deliver results for your clients.
In this fitness course, you’ll advance your theoretical knowledge and practical experience in strength and conditioning, exercise physiology and biomechanics.
This course offers a blended learning experience, so you can enjoy their host of awesome facilities on campus in Sydney Olympic Park, as well as study a few modules at your own pace, online.
In addition to your associate degree, you can become a qualified personal trainer or fitness instructor while you study at no extra cost! Why wait to start working towards your career goals? Take the plunge and start studying now!
Study Fitness at ACPE
What you’ll need
To study this course, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum HSC average of 60 or equivalent; OR
- A qualification from a recognised higher education provider; OR
- An Associate Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary Preparation Certificate from TAFE or another VET provider; OR
- 1 year full-time or equivalent in a degree course at an Australian University; OR
- Satisfy entry requirements specified by ACPE board; OR
- A recognised overseas qualification with demonstrated proficiency in English; OR
- Demonstration of good selection prospects for admission if ineligible for admission based on academic achievement.
Alternate entry pathways may be available for applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria. Enquire now to find out more.
In this fitness course, subjects you may study include:
- Understanding Health
- Foundation of Human Biology for Fitness
- Fitness Principles and Programming
- Introduction to Responsible Fitness Management
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Prescription throughout the Lifespan
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Small Business Management – Principles for the Fitness Industry
- Health and Activity for Diverse Populations
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Introduction to Understanding Sport and Fitness Research
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Exercise and Social Development Through the Lifespan
- IT in Fitness
Why Australian College of Physical Education?
The Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is one of Australia’s leading education providers when it comes to all things sports management, applied fitness, dance and physical education. Students here will graduate with the training to work as fitness professionals as well as the knowledge to manage their own businesses.
ACPE is one of the oldest higher education providers in NSW, providing a premier learning experience for over 100 years. By gaining your qualification at ACPE, you will receive a nationally recognised credential and have access to world-class athletic facilities and training that draws in students from all over the globe.
A key value for the team at the Australian College of Physical Education (ACPE) is to ensure their staff and students are well supported and are encouraged to develop both personally and professionally.
ACPE has a Student Learning Services (SLS) resource centre which is a student’s hub for all things relating to academic skills and success throughout their studies. Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING - an online service that gives students 24-hour access to academic tutors and resources.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: