In a nutshell
Are you an exercise enthusiast? Turn your passion into a career with the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor) from Australian Fitness Academy.
This accredited course is the best way to break into the health and fitness industry! Choose to study at your own pace online, or on campus in Melbourne led by a team of education and exercise professionals.
During this fitness course, you’ll cover all the essentials including how to provide a health screening and fitness orientation; instruct fitness programs; maintain equipment for activities; recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations; work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments; plus loads more.
Get hands-on with 32 hours of practical work placement! Gain all the practical experience you need when you undertake work experience as part of your course in a fitness centre.
Study fitness with the Australian Fitness Academy
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
In this fitness course, the subjects you may study include:
- SISFFIT001- Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 - Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 - Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- BSBRSK401 - Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT024 - Instruct endurance programs
- SISXCAI001 - Provide equipment for activities
- SISXFAC002 - Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
Why Australian Fitness Academy?
Since 1993, the Australian Fitness Academy (AFA) has been delivering fitness qualifications to aspiring Gym Instructors and Personal Trainers. Get the recognition and confidence to kickstart your career in the fitness industry with the right guidance from AFA.
Whether you choose to study your fitness course online or on campus, you’ll be guided by a group of dedicated trainers and assessors. The staff at the AFA not only have decades of experience under their belt and are highly-regarded experts in their field but also share a passion for equipping you with the knowledge and skills required to make your mark as a Personal Trainer in Australia.
AFA has helped thousands of graduates achieve a fulfilling career in the fitness industry. Are you next? Enquire today!
Whether studying online or face-to-face, you’ll have direct access to AFA’s team of Student Support Officers, which is on hand to help you answer any questions you might have about the course content or assessments. Their support team is dedicated to helping you progress through your studies on your path to success.
“I would really like to thank you all for a wonderful job you have done in assisting me over the last 12 months to complete Certificate 3 and 4. Without the ongoing support, online students would not be able to achieve a qualification in this field of work. Due to the commitment you all put in, it has enabled me to be employed at our local gym and assist in the training of our local rugby league team for next year’s competition.” – AFA graduate, Kiara.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: