In a nutshell
Enrol in the Australian Fitness Academy’s Personal Trainer Course and get qualified with a SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness and a SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness – giving you the skills, knowledge and recognition you need to go on to be a personal trainer.
In this course, you’ll cover a huge range of health and fitness topics, including how to give a client health a screening and fitness assessment; fitness program development; support healthy eating; setting up and operating your own PT business; movement analysis and more. Plus, get ‘hands-on’ experience with over 60 hours of practical work placement.
By combining the Certificate III and IV in Fitness in your studies, you’ll be able to fast-track your pathway into the fitness industry.
Study fitness with the Australian Fitness Academy
What you’ll need
The SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness is a prerequisite for the SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness, both of which you will study in the Personal Trainer Course.
In this personal trainer course, the subjects you may study include:
- SISFFIT001- Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- SISXFAC001 - Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXIND001 - Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- BSBRSK401 - Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT024 - Instruct endurance programs
- SISXCAI001 - Provide equipment for activities
- SISXFAC002 - Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
- SISFFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
- SISFFIT016 - Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
- SISFFIT017 - Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISFFIT018 - Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT019 - Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT020 - Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT021 - Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT023 - Instruct group personal training programs
- SISFFIT025 - Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 - Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
- SISXRES001 - Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
- SISFIT013 - Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
- SISFFIT015 - Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in fitness context
- BSBSMB401 - Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSLS408 - Present, secure and support sales solutions
- SISSSTC301A - Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISSSTC402A - Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISXCAI005 - Conduct individualised long term training programs
- SISFFIT012 - Instruct movement programs to children aged 5 - 12 years
Why Australian Fitness Academy?
Since 1993, the Australian Fitness Academy (AFA) has been delivering fitness qualifications to aspiring Gym Instructors and Personal Trainers. Get the recognition and confidence to kickstart your career in the fitness industry with the right guidance from AFA.
Whether you choose to study your fitness course online or on campus, you’ll be guided by a group of dedicated trainers and assessors. The staff at the AFA not only have decades of experience under their belt and are highly-regarded experts in their field but also share a passion for equipping you with the knowledge and skills required to make your mark as a Personal Trainer in Australia.
AFA has helped thousands of graduates achieve a fulfilling career in the fitness industry. Are you next? Enquire today!
Whether studying online or face-to-face, you’ll have direct access to AFA’s team of Student Support Officers, which is on hand to help you answer any questions you might have about the course content or assessments. Their support team is dedicated to helping you progress through your studies on your path to success.
“I would really like to thank you all for a wonderful job you have done in assisting me over the last 12 months to complete Certificate 3 and 4. Without the ongoing support, online students would not be able to achieve a qualification in this field of work. Due to the commitment you all put in, it has enabled me to be employed at our local gym and assist in the training of our local rugby league team for next year’s competition.” – AFA graduate, Kiara.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: