In a nutshell
If you’re all about technology and ready to take your first steps into the industry, or if you’re already in an ICT position and looking to upskill, the Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50118) from the Australian Institute of ICT is the course you’ve been searching for.
Throughout this 15-month online course, you’ll develop a knowledge base and expanded skillset that will enable you to solve a range of real-world IT problems. Covering everything from security and networking through to implementing and managing information systems and software, this course will ensure you’re able to start or advance in your ICT career with your best foot forward. You’ll learn the ins and outs of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems and Virtualisation Platforms. You’ll also discover how to design, configure and test network servers, set up a virtual computing environment, coordinate IT projects and much more.
Upon graduation, you’ll be ready to take the information technology world by storm with your highly developed and formally recognised skills. Whether you want to provide network support, manage systems or projects or work towards higher-level positions, this is the course for you!
AIICT is delivering this course on behalf of, and in partnership with the Registered Training Organisation, Everthought College of Construction, RTO Number 51681.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
In this information technology course, the subjects you may study include:
- ICTICT509 - Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTICT501 - Research and review hardware technology options for organisations
- ICTSAS518 - Install and upgrade operating systems
- ICTSAS510 - Review and develop ICT maintenance strategy
- ICTNWK516 - Determine best-fit topology for a local network
- ICTNWK532 - Identify and resolve network problems
- ICTICT517 - Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTNWK504 - Design and implement an integrated server solution
- ICTNWK505 - Design, build and test a network server
- ICTSUS501 - Implement server virtualisation for a sustainable ICT system
- ICTSAS506 - Update ICT system operational procedures
- ICTNWK511 - Manage network security
- ICTSAS505 - Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTPRG511 - Monitor and support data conversion to new ICT system
- ICTPMG501 - Manage ICT projects
- ICTWEB504 - Build a document using eXtensible markup language
- ICTWEB506 - Develop complex cascading style sheets
- ICTWEB505 - Develop complex web page layouts
- BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS501 - Ensure a safe workplace
Why Australian Institute of ICT?
Want to make your mark in the ICT industry? Looking for a qualification that’ll get you workplace ready? Need to build to right future-focus skills? Study with confidence when you study an ICT course with the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT).
With innovative online courses in web development, information technology and more, AIICT offers you industry-recognised training that’ll give you the confidence and skills to pursue your dream job in this thriving industry.
AIICT is part of DDLS, Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training. As partners of many world-class companies including Microsoft, Google and CISCO, your training will be up-to-date with the latest processes, technology and platforms.
At the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), they’re all about making sure you have the resources conquer your study goals and achieve your career aspirations.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to feel alone. Be led and supported by expert tutors who will share their extensive knowledge from working in the IT field, and gain access to a supportive online community of peers where you can discuss coursework, study tips and assessments.