In a nutshell
It used to be money, but these days it’s websites that make the world go ’round! And with so many people in need of a website to showcase their brand, sell their products or share their content, the demand for trained website developers has never been higher. If you’re seeking a creative career in the lucrative, ever-evolving IT industry, a Diploma of Website Development (ICT50615) from the Australian Institute of ICT should be your first step.
Throughout this 15-month online course, you’ll discover how to build websites that are functional, attractive, dynamic and mobile-friendly all in one. Diving deep into website design and development, you’ll build a solid skill base that will help you create sites for a wide range of audiences and purposes. You’ll learn how to work with web languages and use industry-standard software such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, content management systems such as WordPress, and industry-standard frameworks such as Bootstrap.
Upon graduation, you’ll have the knowledge and skills you need to enter the industry as a freelancer, part of a development team, or a mix of both. The IT world will be your oyster! And with the excitement and challenge of working in such a fluid, ever-changing industry, you’ll never look back.
AIICT is delivering this course on behalf of, and in partnership with the Registered Training Organisation, Everthought College of Construction, RTO Number 51681.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
In this web development course, the subjects you may study include:
- ICTICT418 - Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
- ICTWEB504 - Build a document using eXtensible markup language
- ICTWEB506 - Develop complex cascading style sheets
- ICTICT515 - Verify client business requirements
- CUADIG502 - Design digital applications
- ICTDBS415 - Build a database
- ICTDBS502 - Design a database
- ICTPRG425 - Use structured query language
- ICTWEB501 - Build a dynamic website
- ICTWEB502 - Create dynamic web pages
- ICTWEB503 - Create web-based programs
- ICTDBS504 - Integrate database with a website
- ICTPRG507 - Implement security for applications
- ICTICT509 - Gather data to identify business requirements
- ICTWEB516 - Research and apply emerging web technology trends
- ICTPRG505 - Build advanced user interface
- ICTPRG413 - Use a library or pre-existing components
- ICTWEB505 - Develop complex web page layouts
- ICTWEB509 - Use site server tools for transaction management
- BSBWHS501 - Ensure a safe workplace
Why Australian Institute of ICT?
Want to make your mark in the ICT industry? Looking for a qualification that’ll get you workplace ready? Need to build to right future-focus skills? Study with confidence when you study an ICT course with the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT).
With innovative online courses in web development, information technology and more, AIICT offers you industry-recognised training that’ll give you the confidence and skills to pursue your dream job in this thriving industry.
AIICT is part of DDLS, Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training. As partners of many world-class companies including Microsoft, Google and CISCO, your training will be up-to-date with the latest processes, technology and platforms.
At the Australian Institute of ICT (AIICT), they’re all about making sure you have the resources conquer your study goals and achieve your career aspirations.
Studying online doesn’t mean you have to feel alone. Be led and supported by expert tutors who will share their extensive knowledge from working in the IT field, and gain access to a supportive online community of peers where you can discuss coursework, study tips and assessments.