In a nutshell
The world runs on social media these days – and whether you’re an entrepreneur or a company marketing professional, you need to know the ins and outs of the online sphere! Luckily, the Diploma of Social Media Marketing (10118NAT) from AIM is here to help you succeed in the world of social.
This comprehensive online diploma is Australia’s only nationally recognised formal qualification for social media marketing professionals. Throughout the course, you’ll learn everything you need to know about creating great content, nailing your company’s image and branding, and converting likes, comments and views into customers and clients. Focusing primarily on the big social media players (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn), you’ll discover how to implement savvy, successful social media marketing strategies across a variety of platforms.
Over 12 months of online study, you’ll complete eight comprehensive course units developed by global leaders in social media, which draw on real-world examples and case studies to prepare you for all the challenges the social world may throw your way. You’ll graduate with the skills and knowledge you need to seek out specialist roles in one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing sectors. So why wait? Dive in and start your brand-new career path today!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age at time of enrolment; AND
- Have an education level of year 12 (or equivalent) or Certificate IV, or meet the requirements in the admissions checklist; AND
- Have experience in the social media marketing work environment and access to a workplace; AND
- Be technologically literate with the ability to use word processing applications and the internet; AND
- If English is not your first language, receive a satisfactory assessment in core LLN skills assessment.
In this social media marketing course, the subjects you may study include:
- SMMBCM501A - Plan, implement and manage blog and content marketing
- SMMBCM502A - Plan, implement and manage mainstream social media marketing strategies
- SMMBCM503A - Plan, implement and manage niche social marketing strategies
- SMMBCM504A - Establish and build a strong personal brand on social media
- SMMBCM505A - Plan, implement and manage email marketing
- BSBMKG507 - Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG523 - Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
- BSBPMG522 - Undertake project work
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.